Postcards from the Storm

     Good grief, did we get a thunderstorm last night. Or rather, early this morning. I even dreamed about a thunderstorm without waking up to see that it was storming. Areas not too far from here are underwater, too. Luckily, my town is on a hill, so the worst puddle I have in my 6-acre yard is about 3 inches deep.
     In other news (tap of the papers on the desk in front of me), I recently finished Postcards From The Edge. I'm now trying to decide which book I've read, this or The Best Awful, was my favorite. I think it's a very close call, but I'd have to say... Postcards From The Edge. I don't know why, it just appealed to me a little bit more. Actually, I do know why. The Best Awful dealt more with drugs and her time in the mental hospital, while Postcards From The Edge gave the readers more of a look into who Carrie really was, sober and in her semi-normal life.
     All in all, they're both excellent books, and they've made their way onto the mental list I keep of my favorite books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment